We spend more time at home than anywhere else and if your living space is far from what you would call relaxing, there are a few additions that you can make to change all that. There are many aspects to creating a soothing ambience, with sight, sound and even touch coming into play, and with that in mind, here are a few ideas to turn your home into a spa for the family.
- Base Colours – The main colours of a room should ideally be soft, with pastel colours being the favourite vase colours for a soothing environment, so think pale blues and pinks and you will have the ideal backdrop for a relaxing ambience.
- Injection of Nature – Potted plants and dried grasses can be added to good effect, and the presence of living things brings something special into the equation, so take a look at some of the popular indoor plants and choose a few that will brighten up your interior.
- Scented Candles – Sometimes, you can have a relaxing home but the odours associated with modern living tend to take the edge off your look. Scented candles are the answer, and with a wide range of fragrances that include pine, coconut, lime and orange, you can select the ideal scent to send around your living space, and if you are looking for a good supplier, Karma Living in Australia have a fantastic range of natural products that are designed to create a soothing ambience.
- Incense Sticks – There’s nothing like a hint of the Orient to bring some mystique into your home and a single stick can permeate through the entire floor, with scents such as sandalwood, jasmine and many other great fragrances. A ceramic incense holder makes the set complete and you could have several for various rooms like the kitchen and bathroom.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – A unique style of room illumination, the Himalayan Salt lamp is backlit with a rechargeable USB cord, and is a great addition to any bedroom or living room. This healthy salt is said to have beneficial health properties and the lighting is a special kind of subtle, and can be found from the online retailer that focuses on inspirational and natural products to enhance your living space.
- Rugs – A few well-placed rugs on a timber floor definitely adds a touch of warmth, and the softness underfoot never gets overlooked, especially in the cooler winter months. A long pile rug in front of a fireplace creates a very inviting ambience, and pure wool is the way to go if you are looking at luxury rugs.
- Wax Lamps – Hugely popular in the 1970s, they are back with a bang and there’s no better way to provide subtle and inviting light to the corner of a room than with a wax lamp. Search online and you are bound to find a few suppliers of these amazing lamps, and at lower than retail prices, as the online retailer doesn’t have the huge overheads of the traditional store.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with some furniture rearranging and if you lack soft colours, consider repainting a few using soft, pastel colours.